NOTE: We generally have the four-door steel drom box in stock. It will be black matt textured powder coat. Price is $4499 pick up in Dennis, KS.
Droms are available in three models: a two-door steel box, a four door steel box, and a four-door aluminum box. All steel boxes are fully powder coated, both inside and out. All hardware is high-quality stainless steel. Pricing starts at $4499, installed on our bodies at the time the body is installed. If installing on other bodies there is an installation charge, since preparation and structure is always required.
All droms are laid out the same inside. The shelves are not adjustable, but on the four-door versions they do fold up to accomodate larger items. Our standard drom box is designed to sit on the deck, and is six feet wide, seven feet tall, and 16″ deep (outside). All of our beds are structured to hold one of our boxes, even if not part of the original bed order. We can build deeper or narrower (5′ wide) versions of this drom as a custom product.
Installation at our Kansas facility is included when part of a bed build – otherwise we charge for installation, since we typically have to attach structure to mount the box. The four-door steel box is presently priced at $4499.
Shown above, on the Volvo 640, is the steel two-door drom box. We also offer four door boxes, in either aluminum or steel. Our aluminum boxes are heavily reinforced to stand up to vibration and road abuse. Aluminum boxes are unfinished, but we can paint the exterior to match the truck, if desired.
Drom box options include:
- Mounting understructure (if required). This varies based on the body design of your truck. For bodies that we design this is included.
- Lighting across the top of the box – LED’s tied to the truck lights – stop/marker/turn.
- Interior lighting – LED strip lights with manual switch.
- Wet paint finish coat with clear-coat. Color matched to the truck. All steel droms have powder coat on them – aluminum is natural.
- Solar panel (up to 200 watts) angled on drom top. A rigid panel is available on Volvo 670, 780, 760, 860 models, or any other full-height tractor. On a lower profile tractor, an 80 watt MIL-spec low profile flexible panel designed for long term use and harsh conditions is used, since there is not enough room to angle a panel with the lower roofline. The flexible panel is typically adhered to the top of the truck roof, flat. All panels come with a charge controller that ties to the starting battery bank to keep that bank charged.